SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!
Indoor cycling is a total-body workout and works all of the major muscle groups. Here are seven areas you work and how you use them while you’re cycling.
- Core. Use your core to stabilize your body throughout the class, which helps to achieve overall balance, especially when you’re standing.
- Back. Maintain a strong, stable spine throughout the class, which will help to strengthen and tone your back muscles.
- Glutes. Feel your glutes working with each pump, especially when you stand up from your seat, do an incline, or increase the resistance.
- Quadriceps. Your quadriceps will be the main muscles used as you pedal and climb hills, leading to strong, toned legs.
- Hamstrings. Cycling helps to strengthen and loosen your hamstrings, which lift the pedal up with each cycle and stabilize your joints.
- Lower legs. You’ll work your calves with each cycle, which helps to protect your ankles and feet while cycling and during everyday activities.
ready to spin?
Studio 8 Fitness has a private space dedicated to spin and instructors that are AMAZING! If you are looking for a challenging and intense workout, look no further!
check it out:
All Spinning classes must be pre-booked and done through ZenPlanner. You can create an account online or download mobile app.
All Spinning participants are required to take a 10 minute Spinning Orientation in order to learn how to set up the bike and figure out safe heart rates.
These can be scheduled at the desk. (no spin orientations will be done on the day/time of classes)
A heart rate monitor is highly encouraged but not required. (fit bit, apple watch have minimal heart rate monitors and are sufficient)
VIP Monthly Packages:
Unlimited classes + Unlimited spin passes
$115/mo Autopay only
Add Run Club on for $10 more per month!
Spin Price with no package:
5 class Spin Pass - $90.
10 class Spin Pass - $140
Drop in Spin Pass (space permitting) - $16